October 12, 2014

Ten Funny Tweets Derek Re-Tweeted Last Week

Here we are again, kids! It's SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!

And because it's Sunday, it's time to make with the awesomeness just pouring out of the Twitter machine!

But before we do that, I do have an update on a couple of fronts. Please bear with me.

First, The PC I use for editing the podcasts is back up and running, although it's currently only at about 80%, as I'm having a few problems with some of the programs I need to do the actual editing itself. However, I hope to get that taken care of before the day is over. Then I can finally get the Sausagefest audio up and running, and Jake, Larry and myself can finally get back to doing Here Be Spoilers again. Quite frankly, it's been driving all three of us nuts not being able to do the show, so it will be good to get back to it.

Next, if you're a bike riding kind of person (and, really, who isn't?), I just want to throw a shout-out to the folks at Huffy. This week, the rear axle on my bike, which is less than six months old, started coming apart. Like, bad. Here, see for yourself:

There's your problem...
Anyway, I sent them an e-mail that evening -- I think it was last Tuesday -- and when I woke up the next day, there was a reply, asking for the some sort of number on a tag that is stuck to the bottom of the bike frame. That proved difficult because, as it was a paper sticker with water soluble ink, it was unreadable.

I couldn't find that picture, so here's
Peter Dinklage with a mullet and a laser cannon.
I did, however, give them the serial number that is stamped into the metal on the bottom of the frame. Apparently, that was enough because, about ten minutes later, I got an e-mail from them telling me that they had ordered a new rim for me and it would be here within two weeks. Now that's service!

Anyway, as I was saying, because of the awesome customer service they provide, I want to highly recommend them if you're in the market for a decent two-wheeled conveyance that isn't motorized. Huffy! (This is not a paid endorsement. Seriously. Look at that last picture. Do you think they'd pay me if I did that?)

And so, that's how my week has gone. It's been pretty good. Not to mention the fact that, as usual, there was a ton of good funny on Twitter! Which, if I recall correctly, is why we're all here right now. So what do you say we get on with it?

In no particular order...


And there you have it! Two RiffTrax guys in one list! Craziness, right? But that's why they make the big bucks...

One last note: A good friend of mine, Kris Silva, is trying to raise funds to move to Wisconsin. (I know, I know...But the guy she loves lives there.) And she and her fiancee have set up an Indigogo campaign to raise said funds. If you could throw her a few bucks to help her get there, she and Scott have a whole bunch of groovy stuff to offer in the various tiers. Please give them a look and maybe help them out! Thanks!

So let's look forward to a fantastically awesome week this week, shall we? In fact, let's kick-start it with this groovy little Walking Dead from Bad Lip Reading...


All the best,
Derek and Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment