September 26, 2016

Ten Funny Tweets Derek Re-Tweeted Last Week

Autumn is here! And with it comes all those things we hate, like UGG boots, pumpkin spice everything, and, for me, nasal infections.

But it also ushers in things we do like, such as bonfires, trips to the apple orchard, Halloween...

And other stuff.

Anyway, another week has come and gone. And, because I decided to avoid talking about Trump, I feel pretty darn good. Unfortunately, as I type this, the first debate between him and Hillary Clinton is about 45 minutes away, so I figure now would be a good time to mention a few small things before it starts.

To keep things light, I've added some GIFs from the television show Psych. I love that show. And if you have a problem with that, I have only this to say:

Word.
So let's get started.

First off, there appears to be some sort of epidemic recently involving hurting people at malls. As a guy who spends an inordinate amount of time being at a mall, I'd appreciate it if we could just kinda cut that out, because getting shot and/or stabbed would just really put a crimp in my plans of living long enough to see an actual real hoverboard, as opposed to the so-called hoverboards we have now, which are essentially motorized sideways skateboards that occasionally catch on fire while charging. (If they would only burst into flames when hipsters and other douche-intensive people are actually using them, that would solve two problems at once!)

Anyway, the point of all that is, please don't come and shoot up my mall. Thanks.

Shawn and Gus never got the hang of gang signs.
Speaking of douche-intensive people, Donald Trump, Jr. posted this on Twitter last week, freshly lifted from an alt-right website, because those wacky Trumps just can't stay away from those sites!

Are the orange ones Trump family members?
Needless to say, people pointed out just how asinine it was, but then other stuff came to light, such as the fact that the copyrighted photo was stolen from an immigrant photographer's website. That guy wasn't thrilled. But in the immediate backlash of the post, folks on Twitter stood their ground while awaiting a statement from the one source that could clear all of this up.

Skittles eventually did respond, stating that refugees are people, not candy, so the analogy was ridiculous, and Skittles would comment no further.

What a time to be alive!

Now if USA Network would just bring back Psych.
Meanwhile, I spent some time exposing the disturbing reach that some companies have into our lives. It goes further than you might think.

Along the way, I also took the time to dispense a bit of my own sage wisdom to the benefit of others.

I have more wisdom. Go ahead and ask me stuff. I'll give answers like nobody's business!

No, really!
And then there were tweets...A lot of really good ones! And I took it upon myself to get on Twitter and pick the ones that best represent the insane fun over there. And I did it. Not for the glory, but for you, dear reader, so that you might be inclined to join us over there and contribute.

In no particular order...

And there you have it! Not a bad one among them.

Go ahead and celebrate with me.
Now get out there and have a great week. And to start you off, here's a clip of the kick-ass theme song from Psych.


One final note to remember:


And with that, I'm outta here.

Mmm...Tacos...
All the best,
Derek and Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment