December 27, 2016

Ten Funny Tweets Derek Re-Tweeted Last Week

Hey, guys.

I had a bunch of the usual silly-assed stuff I wanted to talk about, and I'll get to that. But as I was compiling this week's list, I saw that Carrie Fisher, best known as Leia Organa in the Star Wars series of films, passed away at the age of 60. last week, she had a massive heart attack on a flight between London and LAX, and had been in the hospital since then.

Carrie Fisher was a talented actress, a talented writer (she doctored a lot of movie scripts and was never credited for them, and she wrote a number of best selling books), an advocate for mental health, a reformed drug user, and a genuinely funny and engaging person. She was also my first actress crush, even before the metal bikini in Return of the Jedi.

Not gonna lie, you guys; this one hurts a lot. She will be missed.


Another talented performer, singer George Michael passed away on Christmas Day. He was the lead singer of Wham before going solo and releasing a string of hits, including one of my favorite songs ever, "Careless Whispers".

And, until his passing, the public was completely unaware of the kind and generous man he was, quietly donating money and time to those in need, and then completely failing to mention it to the press or anybody else because he did not want the attention from it. He was a classy dude like that, and he, too, will be missed.


2016 can just eat a Jumbo-Sized, Economy Bag of Dicks. This year has straight-up sucked for people my age, and I'm tired of it. If you're famous and awesome, keep an eye on yourself, okay? I don't need this kind of shit through next year, too.

Now, to other stuff...

On the other end of things, Rolling Stones guitarist and living Easter Island monument Keith Richards celebrated something like his eighth century, and shows no sign of stopping.


Everybody keep an eye on Mick, Ron, Charlie, and the rest of them, will ya? Anyway, in celebration of Keith's 937th birthday, he is the subject of this week's .GIFs.

Yes, you.
My week started out pretty okay. I got to see Rogue One: A Star Wars Story in 3D at the new Sperrys Moviehouse here in town, and it was awesome. The movie was great, the theater was small (about 48 seats) and comfortable, and I was the only person in there. Best moviegoing experience of my adult life.

But before I could see the movie, I had to buy tickets, and so I trekked over to my dad's to buy them online. It was...an experience. Not because getting the tickets was difficult, though.


For my dad's part, he finally got his VCR to quit blinking "12:00". About two weeks ago.

Yeah, it's a corny joke, but Keith thought it was funny.
That same day, the fate of the country was sealed. The Electoral College got together, had sandwiches and tea (I'm guessing here), and put their voted in. The result was not pretty.


But at least they didn't vote for Val Kilmer. That guy...

Keith demonstrates what "voting your conscience" involves.
On a related note (sorta), it seems that Angry Orange is having difficulty acquiring acts to perform at the Inauguration. He claims it's not a problem, though, and I have to agree. It's going to be a shitshow all on its own. the only difference is that there won't be musical accompaniment.
It's okay, Keith. There will be music elsewhere.
And, as always, there were tweets from Twitter. So I grabbed a handful for the last list of the year to cram into your eyes. Let's have a look (in no particular order)...


And there you have it! Now get out there and have an awesome recovery from the holidays, and prepare for New Years Eve. And if you are going out that night, be safe. I don't need to read about more cool people I like dying.

Easy for you to say. You're immortal. And my name isn't Jackie.
All the best and Happy New Year,
Derek and Bosco

Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment