May 8, 2015

UPDATE: Why There Was No Show This Week (And Probably Next Week)

Hi, guys.

Just wanted to give you all a heads-up about why there wasn't a new show posted this week.

Turns out that my job, such as it is, isn't nearly as consistent, schedule-wise, as I might hope. Although it's usually pretty straightforward, there is the occasional hiccup that causes us to miss being able to record the show. Last weekend, as best as I can tell, there really was no good reason to change it around. It just happened, which was irritating not only for me, but also for Jake and Larry. It's the one thing that all three of us really look forward to at the end of the week. However, as we all have pretty disparate schedules, that really is the only time we can do it. Larry and Jake both work Monday through Friday (although Larry sometimes has to work the weekends, and Jake is occasionally on-call for his). I, on the other hand, usually work Wednesday to Sunday. Larry and I work afternoons, and Jake works days. It's really difficult to get all three of us together and in front of microphones at the same time.

And that's why we didn't do a show last week.

Unfortunately, it looks like the same thing is happening this week, as well, which sucks double for me because my birthday also happens to fall on this coming Sunday. The plan was for us to go see Avengers: Age of Ultron and then come back to my house to talk about it. Needless to say, that's not happening, because I'm working from noon to 9:00 PM, and even if we made it to the movie, we would never be able to record a show because Jake has to get up Monday at 5:00 AM for his job, and he kinda likes to sleep from time to time.

So, the bottom line is, we are stuck without a way to do the show for a couple of weeks. But we will be back. I'll keep complaining to my boss until my schedule gets put back to normal, and then we can get back to putting together this little show of ours for the ten or twelve of you who enjoy listening to three middle-aged dudes make fun of movies.

Thanks for being patient.

All the best,
Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment