February 15, 2016

Ten Funny Tweets Derek Re-Tweeted Last Week

Hi, everybody!

What a week. And before I get started making with the funny, I wanted to address the passing of Supreme Court Chief Justice Antonin Scalia. He passed away this past weekend, and I wanted to convey my condolences to his family and friends. And while I didn't agree with his politics and have made fun of him several times before, I just wanted to say that I will not be making jokes at his expense today.

That said, I am going to make fun of some people who are still alive. First and foremost, while I sympathise with Justice Scalia's family, I have to admit that my first thought was for Justice Clarence Thomas. In this sad time, one can't help but wonder if he will ever speak again, as it seems that the bulk of his comments on cases the court has made have involved him just concurring with Scalia.

And then there are the politicians and pundits on the right who, upon hearing of Scalia's passing, demanded that nobody try to politicize this tragedy, and them, immediately after that, began to politicize this tragedy.

First, it was the announcement that congress should delay allowing a replacement to be named until after the election. This came from some of the current batch of loonies running for president. That was followed by Republican members of congress. Then the nutballs on Twitter and other sites started insisting that Scalia, a 79-year-old man with health issues, had been murdered. Puckered sphincter Matt Drudge and flaccid penis Alex Jones have straight up accused President Obama of murdering the man.

*Sigh.*

But enough of that. It's...

Yeah, it is!
The Super Bowl happened last week and, as I don't follow football (I'm a hockey guy), I have no recollection as to who won, although I do recall seeing something about Peyton Manning mentioning three times that he wanted to drink Budweiser and then kissing the guy who owns Papa John's.


But the real attention was on the commercials, as everybody knows. And it was pretty disturbing this year. br />

Football is weird.

This, however? Completely normal.
In science, Einstein was proven right (again) a mere 100 years after he predicted gravitational waves. Turns out he was a pretty smart guy.


Now, if only we could find definitive proof of Planet Nine, and maybe upgrade Pluto back to planet status, we'd be all good. Oh, and also real hoverboards. That'd be neat!

Meanwhile, I spent a bit of my time trying to make my own discoveries in the universe, and it was a mixed bag, to be honest.


Also, this.
But then I went to Twitter and found enlightenment there, which I will now share with you, in no particular order.


And there you have it! Now have a great week! And to help it along, here's a clip from Key and Peele that actually made my Dad laugh out loud:


And now, I'm outta here...

Later!
All the best,
Derek and Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment