November 15, 2016

Ten Funny Tweets Derek Re-Tweeted Last Week

Hey, guys!


Look, I know you're all wondering what I'm going to say about last week. It was hard on all of us, but I think we can pull together and get over the death of Tom Neyman, the actor who played "The Master" in Manos: The Hands of Fate.

He looked like an angry Frank Zappa with "bed head".
To help us work through that pain, I'm employing a number of Manos pictures and GIFs, like the one above, in this week's post. Stay strong.

Another terrible thing that happened was the passing of two music legends: Leonard Cohen and Leon Russell.

Cohen, a Canadian-born singer, songwriter, and poet, probably best known for his song, "Hallelujah" (released in 1985), although he had been performing music since 1967.

And he didn't start his musical career until age 33!
If you haven't heard Cohen's work or read one of his books, do it. Quickly. I'll wait. Or just dig this video.


As for Russell, he was a piano player and guitarist who wrote songs and worked with some of the greatest musicians in rock and roll, pop, blues, and country music, including Eric Clapton, Willie Nelson, Helen Reddy, B.B. King, Jan and Dean, Joe Cocker, the Beach Boys, and George Harrison, among others.

And he looks like I imagine a hard rock Santa Claus would!
His debut single was called "Tight Rope", and it hit number 11 on the Billboard Hot 100.


So, along with the Manos guy, nod your head introspectively for these fellas.

These,,,aren't the...DROIDS!...you're L'ook-ING...for...
And then there was the other thing that happened.

Look, you know how I feel about it. If you don't, you haven't been reading. I have nothing more to say about it, although I will say this: I'm certainly not going to stop mocking Angry Orange for his asinine blunders and other stupid things he does.

Other than that, here's my final comment on it (borrowed from @LostCatDog):


Now let's move on.

Very, very slowly and awkwardly.
As always, there were tweets. Lots of tweets, and a few of them weren't even angry! So I grabbed ten of them from Twitter and am gonna throw 'em right here, in no particular order.


And there you have it. I'm not going to do another video clip. I already put two up. If you want something funny to watch, keep an eye on Angry Orange as he tries to put together his transition staff and cabinet. It's not going well.

So, until next time, take care and try to have a good week. Instead of a video, here's Torgo with a shiny, sparkly beard.

So shiny!
All the best,
Derek and Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment