June 12, 2017

Ten Funny Tweets Derek Re-Tweeted Last Week

Hi, everybody!

Before I get started, I just wanted to say how astoundingly upset I was to find out that Adam West passed away Friday at the age of 88 after a short bout with leukemia.

The millionaire playboy/superhero dad we all wanted.
West's Batman was a huge part of my childhood. I used to rush home from school every single day to watch reruns of the show on a local UHF channel (Channel 50 in Detroit) for as long as I can remember. I was that Batman for Halloween several years in a row.  Right now, the '66 Batmobile is sitting on top of my TV, a gift from my brother. Batman has been woven into my life, and it's all because of West's straight-laced performance in the campy series.


And I know there are a lot of you (I'm guessing about four, really) reading this who, like Jake, will point out that younger folks will only know him as Mayor Adam West from Family Guy. That's fine; because at least they know who he is. I would also encourage them to check out the original Batman series, as well as West's other work, to see what a truly interesting and genuinely funny guy he was.

He will be missed.

Now, on to other stuff...

This week's GIFs are all about Godzilla. Why? Because.

Oh, snap, y'all!
What a week it was! There was Memorial Day, where I hope that you, like myself, enjoyed many grilled meat objects. (I had to work, but the guys in Security were kind enough to fire up the grill and make burgers and brats for us.)

Later in the week, there was a little blip on the teevee machine that may have caught your attention. I'm speaking, of course, of former FBI Director James Comey's testimony concerning Angry Orange. It was fascinating. (This is something you will never hear me say about watching C-SPAN any other time, unless they air impeachment proceedings...Fingers crossed!)


Among other things, Director Comey stated that Angry Orange did ask him to drop the case against Michael Flynn. ("I hope you can see clear to dropping this. To letting Flynn go.") He also said that he leaked the notes he made about the meeting to a friend, who gave them to the press, because he was trying to get a special prosecutor put on the Trump-Russia scandal. It worked.

Twitter, of course, had some fun with the questioning...


Most disturbing to me was Senator John McCain's line of questioning. He seemed to have a problem telling the difference between the investigation that went on concerning Hillary Clinton's e-mail server and whether Angry Orange was colluding with Russia. A number of people wondered if McCain was in full control of his faculties.


All-in-all, it was a very interesting and enlightening session.

I don't know why this exists, but I love it.
Meanwhile, one of Angry Orange's demon seed made the rounds of cable news to decry how Democrats are vilifying his father. There was just one problem with that.


So, the sport hunter who kills critters so he can feel manly (although he knows he will never be as manly as he thinks his pussy-grabbing father is), is a chip off the old block of shit. I don't like him, and I am not alone.


Why does it look like it hurts him to smile?

Memories of father's displeasure with him during dinner? Who knows!
And where was Mike Pence through all of this? Hiding in the closet of the vice president's residence to avoid meeting any of the female staff? Holding his hand over a lit candle and trying not to cry because Mother heard he sent a memo to the lady in reception who once smiled at him? Wherever he was, Mother clearly did not approve.


Why does this seem familiar to me?

Oh. Right.
You're next, Mikey!

Mother? MOTHER?
Oh, and in case you're planning on saying that the current clusterfuck of an administration is still better than Obama's, here's a little reminder for you:


So, you know...suck it.

HADOUKEN!
Great Britain, on the other hand, has its own thing to deal with...


'Nuff said.

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
And then there were tweets! And I grabbed a big ol' handful of them from Twitter to stuff in your eyeholes! In no particular order...


And there you have it! Now get out there and have an awesome week! To help you to that end, here's a bunch of commercials with Godzilla in them!


And remember:

Over and over and over and over...
All the best,
Derek and Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment