June 26, 2017

Ten Funny Tweets Derek Re-Tweeted Last Week

Hi, guys!

It's been a surprisingly quiet week, considering the previous six months we've had, so I'm not going to talk about Angry Orange this week.

Instead, I'm going to celebrate something awesome: Twenty years ago this week, J. K. Rowling had her first Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, released, starting an international obsession with The Boy Who Lived that has covered eight novels, which spawned several more related books, nine movies, including the recent spin-off, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, a website called Pottermore, and several different leagues for the made-up wizard sport of Quidditch.

And so, that's why this week's GIFs are Harry Potter-related.

Es muy bueno!
My granddaughter Adryanna had her birthday last week, and although I wasn't able to get to her birthday party, I was able to see her last Monday to give her a present or two and collect numerous hugs and kisses, as well as a gross face lick.

While I visited with her and her mother, Adryanna decided she wanted to show off her musical skills.


Of course, she will be getting a real guitar for her birthday sometime in the future.

As does Papa.
Meanwhile, at home, Bosco continues to insist he is more popular than I am, and he wants his own Facebook and Twitter pages.


I told him no, so he pouted for about twelve seconds before I told him I was gonna get his chew bone, which prompted him to attack it and chew up most of it.

Bosco also hates this.
Additionally, I finally got around to putting together a cool Batman LEGO set that Larry gave me, which included a Batcycle, Harley Quinn and her motorcycle, and Deadshot with a rocket launcher. Things were going just fine until I got to the point where I had to put the back tire on Harley's bike; that's when tragedy struck!

It turns out that, when Larry tried to put it together (he gave it to me after getting frustrated because he was having issues with the instructions), he had misplaced a particular part of the axle. When I texted him about it, he was kind enough to search around his place until he found it. The next Sunday, he brought it to me, and I put the whole assembly together.


I would totally have given the finished product back to him, but he let me keep it. Thanks, Larry!

Daniel Radcliffe in Larry Potter and the Missing Piece of LEGO
Outside in the "real" world, Mattel has announced that Barbie's longtime companion, Ken, is being modernized. He is now available in a number of new configurations, including one with a man-bun, because go to hell sanity!

The folks on Twitter responded as you would expect them to.


He still has no genitalia, which means that, for the first time, he is now considered anatomically correct.

Ha!
And then there were tweets...As always, everyone on Twitter was awesome. And here are a few that, while awesome, should have got more attention. In no particular order...


And there you have it! Now get out there and have an awesome week! To help it along, here's another great Bad Lip Reading video:


Roll credits...

Shit went down at Hogwarts!

All the best,
Derek and Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment