June 5, 2017

Twenty Funny Tweets Derek Re-Tweeted The Past Two Weeks

Hi, guys!

Sorry I didn't do a list last week, but I was having some problems with my desktop, and I was fighting with that, and I also had to work Memorial Day, so things got kinda pushed to the side. But I'm making up for it this week with twice the tweets!

On another note, I had a whole bunch of stuff to post about Angry Orange, but I've decided that I don't want to this week. I'm getting tired of trying to keep up with all of his stupid, so I'm taking a break from it. I have only one thing to say to him. (Because he obviously reads this, right?)

These GIFs really tie the post together.
Instead of rambling about his latest idiotic statements, I've decided to focus on my own.

Why, thank you, Dude.
First off, I read an article about a week or so ago about an AI that Google is working on. The basic gist of the story was that they had an AI they were working on, and it started making changes to itself, as well as developing its own AI program to help it get stuff done quicker.

So, to clarify, a computer program wrote another computer program to do the same thing it does in order to help it get stuff done faster. It's only a matter of time that the artificial intelligence gains sentience and realizes that it has to propagate its "species" by writing even programs, which will in turn write even more programs, and so on, and so on...Until they are the most prominent species on the planet, and they begin hunting humans for sport. Laugh if you want, but if you can't trust the Terminator movies, who can you?

There is no escape.
Meanwhile, my search for further enlightenment continues. Specifically, a way to do stuff that, on the surface, wouldn't seem all that complicated. However, if television has taught me anything, it is that everything is way more difficult that I believe it to be, and also that there is somebody out there who has created some ridiculous Rube Goldbergian machine that takes three times as long to complete whatever task it is than it would take to just go ahead and maybe look up a video on YouTube on how to do it the right way.

What I'm saying is...

And, as an added bonus, if you like this tweet in the next hour, I'll send you five more of my own mediocre tweets absolutely free!


Billy Mays doesn't have moves like this.
As always, I overshared when I was playing hashtag games again.

But it was this tweet...

...that prompted this conversation with my buddy, author and fellow musician Dave Maurer:


It also deeply confused a female friend, who wondered why I would shave a lightning bolt on my chest...

Can you believe I never even thought of this when I was picking GIFs?!
And then there was Twitter...Two weeks' worth of tweets, no less, because I've got shit to do, ya know? So let's quit dickin' around and get to them, shall we? In no particular order...

And there you have it! Now get out there and have a great week! And to help it along, here's a new video from the Foo Fighters!


Now get outta the way! I got more stuff to do!

But, you know, in a nice way...
All the best,
Derek and Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment