April 13, 2015

A Few Changes To The Site

Hey, guys!

Just wanted to give you all a heads-up that I am updating the site and changing the name. When I first started this podcast/blog thingie, the focus was The Ugly Couchcast, a "whenever-I-can-get-around-to-it" show where I chatted with my friends about whatever we wanted. Unfortunately, it wasn't happening as often as I would have liked. (Turns out that scheduling people to sit down and B.S. in front of a microphone is surprisingly difficult, although they'll stop by anytime to just talk to your face. Who knew?)

On June of last year, I sat down with my friends Jake Streeter and Larry Sieczynski to talk about a movie called A Million Ways To Die In The West.

To put it mildly, we had a blast!

Since then, we've sat through thirty-some movies, and then recorded our thoughts about them while trying hard to make each other laugh as much as possible. As this went on, the focus moved away from The Ugly Couchcast and it slowly disappeared, with the exception of last year's live Sausagefest show. I'm totally okay with this because doing Here Be Spoilers feels more natural to me.

This feels right.
Anyway, the whole point of this is that the site is now called Here Be Spoilers, and while there may be the occasional non-movie-related post (like the weekly Ten Funny Tweets Derek Re-Tweeted Last Week posts), we're now full-on about Here Be Spoilers. There will be further changes coming (maybe a shop of some kind? HBS shirts with banner artwork, maybe?), so keep an eye out...You never know what could happen here.

And so, while the name may have changed, know that the four or five of you who come here regularly can still expect to see the same medium quality, half-assed work you've come to expect from the three of us. (And Bosco.)

All the best,
Derek and Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment