November 29, 2015

Ten Funny Tweets Derek Re-Tweeted Last Week

Well! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and filled themselves up with loads of food, napped enthusiastically, and were as surprised as I was to see the Lions actually win a Thanksgiving game.

This week's batch of tweets is going to be dedicated to our pal @redtache, who inspired this week's collection of .gifs when he sent me this one:

Mikey just hasn't been the same since the other Goonies left town.
Anyway, it's been a not especially great week. And I have to say, I'm a little disappointed in you guys. I mean, I thought we agreed last week to not be so...what's the word? Murder-y? Yes, that's it. And yet, someone went and shot up a Planned Parenthood to promote his "Christian" values.

Now don't get me wrong; I know a lot of really nice, good Christian people. They treat others well, they do the best they can to make the world a little better, and they DO NOT go around shooting places up because that place, among many other things, performs a service that the "Christian" doesn't agree with. Sure, they might protest, and that's their right, as it is for all Americans. But protesting by killing people in not something that tends to cross their minds. We need more Christians like that, please.

A little peek into my daily skin care regimen.
And then there's Donald Trump...

Turns out that, while he's getting his base all riled up to go beat up some o' them foreigner types, it turns out that the people in the political party he belongs to (for now) are not especially happy with him about it. Turns out that his not-too-bright supporters may be a little less informed than the GOP thought, and that makes them dangerous.


Let's hope that Trump's dropping poll numbers are a sign that, finally, the GOP has found the line that they aren't willing to cross.

Rick Perry, on the other hand, wants to make this illegal because it's so suggestive.
Also, as I said at the beginning of this post, this past Thursday was Thanksgiving. Along with the traditional eating-enough-to-kill-a-horse and football stuff, there were parades. And one of the best know is the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, which has been going on since before Macy's even existed, which is pretty impressive. As were some of the gigantic balloons..


Oh, and before I forget, there were gobs of awesome tweets from the folks over on Twitter! Being the awesome dude that I am, I grabbed a few of them to give you a little sampling of just how groovy it is over there, and to convince you to join us over there! Here, have a look:


And there you have it! Awesome, right?

Maybe not as awesome as being hand-fed delicious meats...
Well, get a load of this: I even grabbed a video clip to get your week pointed in the right direction. It's actually the movie we are watching for this week's Here Be Spoilers episode!


All the best,
Derek and Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment