December 14, 2015

Ten Funny Tweets Derek Re-Tweeted Last Week

Well, guys, it's another week, and we're creeping closer and closer to Christmas. Therefore, I've been doing a few things here and there to get myself into the holiday spirit of things. F'rinstance,..


And, of course, I've decided not to talk about terrible stuff in these posts until after Christmas. Instead, I've chosen to put in pictures of basset hounds doing things in slow motion. Picture them with Santa hats, if you think that'll help.

Awwww...
I do want to talk about a couple of super-groovy things, though.

First, of course, we all know that next weekend will see the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. When this list next appears, we will be living in a post-J.J. Abrams' Star Wars world. And I have to be honest; judging by what I've seen and heard, I'm going to be okay with that. So bring it on!

Bacon, bacon, BACON!
Also, I wanted to make a huge shout-out to Joel Hodgeson, Jonah Ray, Felicia Day, Patton Oswalt, Hampton Yount, Baron Vaughn, and all the other folks who will be involved in the new season of Mystery Science Theater 3000! In thirty-one days, Joel and friends managed to raise about $6.4 million to make the show, and to push it past it's goal of $6 million, they agreed to add two more episodes! So we're getting fourteen new episodes of my favorite TV show ever!

What do you think, sirs?
Win!

Funnily enough, this is what George Lucas looks like when he shakes his head, too!
And, of course, Twitter was awesome as always. If you don't believe me, go over there and join in the fun. Then I'll expect a detailed apology letter...if you can pull yourself away from it long enough.

Anyway, here's a delicious, munchy, crunchy, chocolatey taste of some tweets from the folks over there, in no particular order...


And there you have it! So get out there and get your shopping done! If you're looking for something to buy for me, if you can find something with the words "LEGO" and "Star Wars" on it, that'll do fine. Meanwhile, dig this video clip from the #BringBackMST3K Streaming Telethon that brought in the remainder of the money for the Kickstarter campaign. It's Dana Gould as Dr. Zaius as William Shatner doing a dramatic reading of "Santas Claus Is Coming To Town".


Awesome, right? Well, finish it out with this .gif, which Bosco insisted I put this on here...

So floppy...
All the best,
Derek and Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment