June 22, 2015

Ten Funny Tweets Derek Re-Tweeted Last Week

Well, this was not the best week ever in the real world. But we're not going to get into that. There are people more qualified than I am to discuss the whole thing, so I'm going to leave it up to them. Not surprisingly, while politicians went out of their way to avoid saying what needed to be said, a comedian made the best and most intelligent statement about the whole thing, and I highly recommend that you go listen to Jon Stewart's comments about it. And that's all I'm going to say.

Meanwhile, over on the Twitter machine, people were incredibly funny, and God bless 'em! And naturally, as this past weekend happened to contain Father's Day, there was an underlying theme to a lot of it.

"I'm disappointed."
"Hi, Disappointed! I'm Dad!"
However, I actively avoided grabbing any of those for this week's list because, let's face it; Dad jokes are awful. Sure, we laugh at them, but only because they are so painfully corny.

So, without further ado (or at least as little ado as possible), let's look at some non-Dad funny from the people who are way funnier than I am! In no particular order...


And there you have it! And now, let me once again push somebody else's podcast on you. This is one of my favorite episodes of Beyond Belief, from the fine folks over at The Thrilling Adventure Hour. It stars Paul F. Tompkins and Paget Brewster as Frank and Sadie Doyle, respectively. They are alcoholic socialites who also happen to be able to commune with spirits of the non-bottled kind, as well. Give it a listen. You'll thank me. It's all audio, but totally worth it.


All the best,
Derek and Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment