August 10, 2015

Ten Funny Tweets Derek Re-Tweeted Last Week

Okay, you know what? I'm sad. Why am I sad, you ask (or didn't...I'm flexible)? Because my comedy stuff is slowly dying out. Let's have a look, shall we?

First off, there's the Thrilling Adventure Hour. If you haven't listened to it, I highly recommend you do. It's a podcast done in the style of old-time radio, recorded live. They finished doing their monthly shows at Largo in Los Angeles, and are about to finish up their weekly podcasts, which sucks because I only recently started getting into show late last year.

And these are just a few of the regular cast! The guest stars are just as awesome!
And then, of course, there was Jon Stewart's announcement that, after thirteen years, he was retiring from The Daily Show. I realize that sometimes a guy's got to move on and see what else the world has to offer, but I don't think I'm alone in feeling that, no matter how good the new guy is, it's still going to be missing the subtlety that Stewart managed to bring to the show.

See? You'd never know he was talking about playing Magic: The Gathering.
And, finally, probably the one that bums me out the most (not to take anything away from the other two, because they are, themselves, great): Minnesota Public Radio has decided to cancel the awesomely funny Wits radio show, hosted by John Moe, and featuring the music of John Munson and the Witnesses. I loved that show. Aside from being incredibly funny, it also introduced me to a lot of really great music that I probably would not have heard otherwise. (F'rinstance, check out Aimee Mann and Ted Leo's band The Both. Great songs.)

Shown: Most of the Wits cast, with a few of their guests (Dave Hill, Sara Watkins, and Chris Kluwe).
Not shown: Aimee Mann and Ted Leo playing great songs as The Both, but it totally happened.

So, if anyone out there can recommend good listening/viewing similar to any of these three shows, by all means, let me know!

Fortunately, I still have the awesome folks at Twitter making me laugh, so it's not a total wash. In fact, let me show you a bunch of their tweets! In no particular order...


And there you have it! Not too shabby, if you ask me. (And I think it's safe to assume that, since you came here to read this, it is implied that you did ask me, so...)

Anyway, have an awesome week. And to set you on your way, here is one of my favorite Thrilling Adventure Hour episodes: Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars: The Agony of the Feet.


All the best,
Derek and Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment