March 21, 2016

Ten Funny Tweets Derek Re-Tweeted Last Week

Is everybody sobered up from St. Patrick's Day by now?

I'd like to hope so, but just in case, I'll type as quietly as I can while I'm doing this.

Now, I know that I said I wasn't going to talk about Trump anymore, but I have to mention the ongoing problems that are cropping up at his rallies.

First, there's been a lot of hostility from the audiences on both sides. So many protesters have shown up at these dog-and-pony shows that the police have had to get involved, and pepper spray has been liberally (no pun intended) and enthusiastically deployed. However, the protesters have, as far as I have seen, remained non-violent.


On the other side, Trump's supporters have been extremely hostile toward those protesters. One guy was arrested for straight-up cold-cocking a man who was peacefully leaving the rally. And then he was caught on video saying something like, "Next time, we may have to kill him..."

No! Bad racist douche canoe!
Another protester was attacked this past weekend. And it's not just the people who are there to see Trump; his campaign manager is getting in on the violence, shoving people, grabbing a "journalist" that works for Breitbart. Donald has apparently decided he is unstoppable and can do whatever he wants.

Fear not, soulless ginger, for help is on the way!
Unfortunately for him, a CNN poll released recently says that both Bernie Sander and Hillary Clinton will defeat him soundly, should he receive the GOP nomination. So there's that to look forward to.


Meanwhile, while actively avoiding all this political stuff, I've been checking out other stuff. F'rinstance, I absolutely recommend that you read my friend Abby's story about a particular St. Patrick's Day where she went to extremes in the name of justice. Sort of.


She's small, but terrifying! Plus she plays the accordion! Be afraid...be very afraid...

Buh-RING it!
And now, let's us go look at some tweets from the Twitter, shall we? Of course we will...In no particular order...


And there you have it!

Now, before we go to this week's video clip, I want to wish everybody a Happy Zombie Jesus Day next weekend. Up until recently, I was totally unaware of what the Easter Bunny had to do with Jesus supposedly being resurrected. Then Jake explained it to me. It turns out that the rabbit is associated with a pagan goddess name Eostre. I was so shocked, I did a doubletake.

And not just because giant, anthropomorphic rabbits terrify me.
And so, here's to a great week and an awesome Easter, and to help you along with both, here's another clip from Impractical Jokers featuring Sal, who is a germophobe who is terrified of animals.


Now get out of here, and don't eat too much Easter candy.

Especially those robin's eggs...Not a fan.
All the best,
Derek and Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment